Friday, August 31, 2012

Story telling

Today started out like many other days. I awoke washed my face, brushed my teeth And proceeded to head downstairs towards the kitchen. The weather outside was typical for July.. It was warm in the morning and blazing for the rest of the day. Work was definitely not on the agenda that day. This day is for me, to just be... I enjoy having Jay Days, it's a day where I spend just a lil bit more time on myself and my own personal needs. I always start my day off the same way. Call my mom just to check in an see how's the fam. I somehow knew that today, something was off. The phone rung exceptionally long, my min usually picks up after the second ring. It has been the tradition in our house always. So by ring four I was perplexed. She usually gets up ridiculously early and I have inherited the same gene. Finally she answers, "Morning Ma." I announce beaming away. Today was one of those happy just cause I'm alive days. " hey Jay we need to talk." she murmured I immediately knew something was off. My brain thought who died? Or is dying? Little did I know that as our conversation played out. There was a death that day and one I wasn't prepared for.....

No comments:

Post a Comment